What would your group like to achieve by the end of Module 4
Instead of telling you what we think you should achieve by the end of Module 4, you will decide for yourselves what you would like to achieve by the end of Module 4. We are going to start with some free writing exercises just to get us warmed up.
First Free writing question
- Why does your case study group exist?
Second free writing question
If there was nothing holding you back what would you like your group to achieve by the end of Module 4?
Third free writing question
If there was nothing holding you back what would you like your group to achieve by the end of 2016?
Now split up into your groups and read your answers to each other. Do you have similar goals? Do you have similar dreams?
Let’s take your free write from the second question “If nothing was holding you back what would you like your group to achieve by the end of Module 4?” See if you can split up your free write into three distinct tasks. Remember the Citizen monitoring guidelines and how good citizen monitoring asks us to focus on three things:
- Building a local case
- Building the movement
- Contributing to policy
Do your three tasks consider these three things as well as what you have to do to complete Assignment three?
Well done! You now have your team goals for the next three days!
Now look at the table below and see if you can plan how you are going to achieve these goals. Write this table onto newsprint so you can stick it somewhere were you could see it all the time.
|Goal||Role of each person in the group||Do we need anything to complete our goal?||Do we need help from anyone to complete our goal?||How will we know when our goal is complete?|
Finally think about the following questions:
- What are some barriers that might make it difficult to reach each goal?
- How can those barriers be overcome?
- What are some things that you can do individually to help achieve the team goals?
- How should we recognize or celebrate when we reach a goal? (This is an important question. You may simply celebrate by going outside and sitting in the sun for 5 minutes or you may want to celebrate by sharing what you have done with someone. We often forget to celebrate our achievements.)